Turku AI Society acts as the gathering organization for the first Finnish Guidelines for AI Ethics. The process will start in Spring 2018 and incorporates the best experts and professional organizations in the forming of the guidelines.
The goal of the guidelines is to provide a solid base for the AI ethics discussion in Finland and to spread awareness of the topic. The guidelines will be built compatible to the existing international standards and guidelines, but adding a hint of Nordic thinking and values to the global discussion.
Preliminary schedule for the Guidelines process:
- 6.2.2018 Publishing the project (Turku AI Week / The Grand AI Ethics Panel)
- 15.2.2018 Publishing the summary of the Turku AI Week, including a section presenting the findings of AI Ethics Panel and the National Seminar of Theoretical AI
- March 2018: Building the first sketch of the Guidelines based on the work and knowledge gathered from the summary document and the AI Week
- April 2018: The commentary round of the sketch
- May 2018: Publishing the first version of the Guidelines. This is not the ending - this is hopefully the beginning!
The existing guidelines, standards and policies we will use as the basis for the Finnish Guidelines:
Update: Due to the great progress of the international standards and the great work by the Finnish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland with the AI Ethics Corporate Challenge, the Guidelines has redirected to the form of booklet "Finnish Guide to AI Ethics". The project has a strong emphasis on the Finnish-language version in order to produce more material in Finnish for the public debate on AI ethics.